History of Seven Spirit Bay
Seven Spirit Bay is an iconic Northern Territory wilderness lodge and one of the very first luxury lodges in the outback. Built in 1990, the lodge is located on the western side of Port Essington in the Garig Gunak Barlu National Park on the Cobourg Peninsula. It is only accessible by boat from Black Point, or by air via the lodge’s private airstrip at Vashon Head.
Acquired by Outback Spirit in 2015, Seven Spirit Bay has received a new lease of life thanks to a $3.5 million redevelopment completed in April 2016. The original guest accommodation, known as ‘habitats’, have been completely transformed into ultra-luxurious rooms featuring architecturally designed ensuite bathrooms, beautiful furniture and a front balcony. Other improvements at the lodge include a new waste water treatment plant, new power generation system and a fully refurbished main lodge building.
In addition to the lodge redevelopment, Seven Spirit Bay now features a fleet of expedition boats to explore the pristine waters of Port Essington and the Garig Gunak Barlu National Park.
Seven Spirit Bay at a glance:
- Iconic NT lodge acquired by Outback Spirit in 2015
- $3.5 million redevelopment completed in April 2016
- Superb main lodge building with ocean views and palm fringed swimming pool
- 12 Luxurious ’Habitats’ featuring ensuite bathrooms
- Exclusive to Outback Spirit guests
- State-of-the-art fleet expedition boats
- Commercial kitchen with in-house chef